This free course is aimed at parents, nursery and school staff who work with children with unclear speech. It is broken into 3 units
- How to have a successful conversations with children with unclear speech
- 7 tips to encourage confident communication
- What to do while you are waiting for a speech and language therapy appointment
There are course notes and 1 video for each unit.
Will this course help my child?
This course is aimed to help children who are:-
- 3 years and older
- Have difficulties with saying speech sounds or lack confidence speaking
- Are able to understand language at an age appropriate level
This course will help you support your child. However it does not replace assessment by a qualified speech and language therapist. If you have concerns get your child referred.
Will this course help me?
This course is aimed at parents, SENCo's, nursery and school staff who are working with one or more children with unclear speech. This course is for you if
- You work with at least one child with speech sound difficulties
- You want to encourage children to communicate confidently
- You want to support children within the classroom
- You want to know what to do whilst waiting for a speech and language therapy assessment
What do I need?
You will need to register for an online account to access the course materials, with Zenler - our course host. You will need:-
- Access to a device with an internet connection, which can read PDF's and play videos
- An interest in finding out more about helping children with unclear speech!
- A printer would be advantageous
When you sign up for this course, we will automatically add you to our mailing list. We send lots of useful information and freebies, as well as occasional marketing from SpeechBlogUK. We will not share your email address with anyone else. If you do not wish to receive these emails, simply click on the unsubscribe button at the bottom of any of our emails.
Intended Audience: parents, nursery and school staff, SENCo's